"Boa Nova" Chapel, in Leça da Palmeira, dedicated to St. John, has been for many years associated with the Franciscan Hermits, who established themselves on this place till 1475, where there was a small monastery.
Hélio&Monteiro has created the chapel’s, personalized, granite pieces for the landscaping design, the slabs, the walls coping and the portuguese pavement.
The "Boa Nova" or "S. Clemente das Penhas" Chapel, was established in 1392 by the Franciscans, and reports say its existence dates back to 1369.
There was a Franciscan monastery here, but a century later it begun to be gradually demolished surviving only this Chapel and two outbuildings, these being two cells where lived a monk that took care of the Chapel and a small monk cemetery .
The interior has a carved retable from the "joanino" style with four columns and three niches and its corresponding images, the central has the image of the "Senhora de Boa Nova" in polychrome wood and people invoke her help for the sailor’s prosperity .